Saturday, December 20, 2008

Baking with Mom




So today I spent the day with my Mom. That isn't something I get to do very often any more, but at about 10:00 AM she called to say that she was going to be making cookies, and she wanted to see if I would like to come help. It took a minute but soon the benefits of working together became clear 1) I would get to spend some quality time with my mom 2) we can split what we make so the extra doesn't go to waste 3) the mess wouldn't be at my house!
Anyway it was a great day we baked
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Green Mint Brownies
Chocolate Crackles
Molasses Cookies
The molasses cookies aren't usually a part of the Christmas Baking in our family but they came at special request from Steve and turned out to be pretty good. There is still plenty more to bake/make before the Holiday - like Steve's famous cheesecake he has promised to make us all on Christmas Eve. But, it was a great way to spend the day with my mom.
PS
Steve and Dad were here as well, Steve brought his computer and played games while we baked, and Dad helped out as well - all we were missing was Mark - we missed you Mark!

No comments: