Friday, July 3, 2009

Taylorsville Dayzz

This past weekend was Taylorsville Dayzz, which is a pretty awesome celebration, held each year one weekend before the 4th of July.

On Friday night Steve and I had come down to Salt Lake to take my parents to dinner for Fathers Day. Well if you don't already know my dad is a die hard when it comes to Taylorsville Dayzz. The celebrations include three nights of concerts and fireworks, the biggest night being Saturday. Well Friday, Mark and I went over with him for the concert, even though the weather was looking pretty iffy. Steve and my Mom showed better judgement and stayed at my folks house to watch a movie. Below, is the picture of my dad trying to get his pancho on before the torrential downpour. It was hilarious, he looked like a little kid playing in a plastic bag and Mark and I were laughing so hard we couldn't help.



Saturday night we tried again, with a much bigger group. My parents invited their friends Andy and Judy. Andy got a little excited during the Jay White "Neil Diamond" performance.

Steve and I were joined by his parents, and Kim and Dave and the boys, and then Mark and CJ came as well.

All in all it was a great night, with good music and incredible fireworks... can't wait until next year!!!

No comments: